Depotting is the practice of removing a makeup product, such as eyeshadow, blush or lipstick, from its original container and placing it into more practical packaging. Not only it’s a useful trick to use when your makeup is broken, but depotting serve many other functions for women who like to use makeup.
There are different methods of depotting. Some cut up their cosmetics into pieces while others melt them and put it in a new palette.
Depotted products are simple and it enables consumers to combine all their favourite makeup brands into one easy-to-carry container which is more practical.
Why people do it?
- It saves space. If you have a lot of makeup, they require a huge space in your bag. So by depotting your makeup, you’re able to keep your collection small.
- It’s better for sanitation. You can easily spray your sanitizer, on the entire palette of your makeup. So, it will save you some time versus going through your collection and sanitizing them one by one after using them.
- Can create your own custom colours. If you take two colours and you mix them together, you’re going to have a totally new different colour. So by depotting your makeup, you’re able to modify colours suitable with your own skin tone and type.
If you’re thinking to try depotting your makeup collection, do follow the tips:
- Decide on a method most suitable for you. Do look up tutorials if you are trying this for the first time.
- Invest in high-quality palettes to protect your efforts and product.
- Don’t start with brand new makeup. Start practicing with colours that you don’t like until you’re comfortable with the process.
- Don’t rush the process. Never use dirty hands, towels or spatulas to depot. This practice is very risky as products can break or change.